Welcome to Southern Cavy Club Website
Welcome to our new members for September/October 2016
Heidi, Hants, Cydney, Wilts, Emma, Hants, Lucy, Surrey
Ann, Berkshire, Laura, Worcs, Anita, Essex, John, Suffolk Jenifer, Bucks
Christopher, Jack & Rosie Oxford Stuart & Laelia, West Sussex
If you live in the southern half of England or Wales and are interested in Cavies (guinea pigs) then your next step should be to join the Southern Cavy Club . As a member you will meet other fanciers from all walks of life and of all ages. Each show enables new friends to be made and old acquaintances to be renewed
The Southern Cavy Club (SCC) of the United Kingdom is dedicated to:
- the promotion of the welfare of its members, their Cavies (Guinea Pigs) and affiliated clubs,
- the preservation of SCC traditions of excellence in showing, breeding, education and training services, and
- the advancement of the SCC’s stature in the wider national and international small animal livestock community.
The SCC believes that an active membership including our Show People and Breeders, Judges, Stewards, Local Club Officers and Administrative Staff is the primary instrument by which to advance these principles.
The SCC’s Objective
To advance and improve the keeping, breeding and exhibition of Cavies by providing information and guidance from the wealth of experience gained amongst our membership on all matters relating to the health, welfare and exhibition of both Pet and Purebred Cavies.
SCC Core Values
- We love Cavies
- We promote the health and wellbeing of all varieties of Pet and Purebred Cavies
- We recognise the critical importance of our affiliated clubs and volunteers
- We uphold high standards for the administration and operation of the SCC
- We are committed to the interests of our members
- We assure our young fanciers, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible cavy keepers
- We assure all our members and officials are able to pursue our hobby without prejudice, bullying, harassment or discrimination of any kind
Very Best wishesGerry Harvey